Wednesday, March 23, 2011

'Wednesday Stamper' Challenge...'Fabulously Colourful'

Here is my artwork for the 'Wednesday Stamper' challenge. I did go 'colourful', which was a fun challenge for me, much different from my usual. I used clip art and drywall tape for the Mom's sweater. And underneath the sweater I used a background stamp & of course the 'happiness' stamp. That's about it along with the acrylic paints and a dictionary page for the hat. I wasn't sure if my lettering should have gone a little more to the left to balance out the page or leave it alone. Any suggestions?

10 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

your lovely and colorful creation brought a big smile to my face Maggie Ann...the drywall tape is a great ingredient...I have some here somewhere!
Happy Springtime to you and yours!
oxo

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Amazing composition and a gorgeous background pattern.
Hugs Anja

Claudia said...

this is a fabulous creation, love the color combination

Hermine said...

Beautiful! I really love the cute little guy in the front

Faye said...

Maggie Ann, your lavish comments have made my day; indeed, my week! I thank you very much.

Now, I want to assure you that the lettering on this beautiful and brightly colored art is in the perfect spot. It doesn't need to move left or right. It is balanced. I love that your ingenuity has led you to use such materials as the drywall tape. Wonderful.

LivArtNow said...

How wonderfully creative, fabulously colourfun and sooo very happy!! Thanks for the smile :) Love your creation and your composition!!
hugs and smiles,
Linda

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic, wonderful texture.

Rosie said...

Wow, this is a very beautiful creation, Maggie Ann

Daphne said...

Beautifull texture in the background, and a verry happy card!

Anneke said...

Lovely artwork, beautiful colors too!